Did You Know That…
- Criminal liability is the possible result when an employer is unable to verify that employees in their company are legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- $50 million in back-pay settlements were imposed last year by the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) and OFCCP (Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs). This was due to the development of new and aggressive techniques for investigating employers’ applicant and hiring processes to uncover patterns of potential discrimination against protected groups, especially females and minorities.
- 80% of employers are out of compliance with federal and state laws resulting in wage and hour class action suits. These actions have emerged as one of the most significant employment law trends of this decade, which now outnumber all other employment class actions combined, and this trend will continue.
- It takes 1 month for each $10,000 of salary you would pay for a position to replace a terminated employee.
- $7,000 is the average cost to replace a $20,000 employee.
Avoid these issues by having a full service human resources function. Human Resource Dept. can provide that full service HR function at a fraction of the traditional cost.